Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Lovely Blog or Ten Things About Me



Roboti (a really cool blog by the way) received an One Lovely Blog award and passed it on to everyone.  I hereby accept  :) and give you 10 11 (see list for explanation) things about me:
  1. I am constantly surprised by the fact that more and more people are younger than me.
  2. I love popcorn movies (ie. Independence Day, the Bourne movies, Bad Boys, The Italian Job).
  3. But I also love chick flicks (ie. Shakespeare in Love, Love Actually, the Holiday).
  4. I often find myself in a room and have forgotten why I went there (think it might tie into #1 on my list).
  5. Not very many people that I know, know that I blog.
  6. I think that asparagus are related to tulips.
  7. I think that because once I took a drink from a glass of water standing in the kitchen only to remember that I had tulips standing in it that morning.  Definitely an asparagus taste.
  8. One of the things that I miss about the pre-Sam times is being able to have cereal for dinner.
  9. A mixed tape by me could include rap, pop, rock, Motown and country.
  10. I can get more done in 30 minutes than in three hours.
  11. I grew up bilingual with a lot of people that were also bilingual,  so I have a habit of starting sentences in one language and finishing in another or inserting words in whatever language I remember them first.  I actually started writing this post in German.  Really funny because Tesca did the opposite when commenting on my post from yesterday.                                                     
Now you know a little bit more about me and I hope you join in the fun because I am giving everyone reading this an One Lovely Blog/Person Award.  So go on and write a post or comment below with some tidbits about you.

    6 comments:

    1. I love that you now know that tulip water tastes like asparagus and that you can get more done in the 30 min...same here, why is that and maybe if we take it all in 30 min. pieces we could get soo much done!!

      Thanks for passing it on, I have told about myself in the past so I will just leave it at that.

      Have a good rest of the week!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I could see that in a movie scene drinking tulip water....I love, Love Actually
      one of my all time favorites...I love these get to know you better posts!
      congratulations.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wie schön du hast auch mitgemacht!!!
      Deine Nr. 4 kommt mir sehr bekannt vor - passiert mir ständig :-)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Monica,ich finde mich total wieder bei Nr. 1,2,3 und 10 und Nr. 11, auch wenn ich leider nicht billingual bin, sondern nur Schulenglisch verzapfe... Aber durchs Bloggen lese ich jetzt viel mehr Englisch sprachige Blogs und das ist wie ein kleiner Sprachkurs... Heute fallen mir leider keine spannenden Dinge über mich ein. Du weißt ja wieso... Ganz lieben Dank für deinen aufmunternden Gruß heute. Hat mir gut getan! Jetzt mache ich erst mal ein paar Tage Pause, wollte dir aber gerne vorher noch diese kleine Nachricht senden. Liebe Grüße Tesca

      ReplyDelete
    5. 'PS I Love You' and 'Love Actually' are two of my all time favorite movies, I cry every time!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I'm a newbie here what a lovely blog you have!

      ReplyDelete

    Always happy to hear from you!